The United States of America referred to as the United States, is located in the center of the Americas, east across the Atlantic and Europe, west of the Pacific Ocean, south of Mexico, north of Canada, and contains Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands two possessions. Since the discovery of Columbus in 1492, the European countries competing to move, by the 1756 – 1763 up to seven years of Britain, France war, the British won the colonial power. 1773 Boston tea incident broke out, spin on July 4, 1776, declared independence.
- Geography: The continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) is 4500 kilometers long from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast and 2575 kilometers wide from Canada to Mexico.
Area: 9363520 square kilometers.
- Population: about 300 million people.
Capital: Washington, DC
- Political profile: Federal presidential system
Administrative division: the current administrative region is divided into 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Language: English-based, Western and other states also pass Spanish.
- Currency: USD
- Economic Overview: Overall, the United States can be described as unique. Fertile land, the climate suitable, rich mineral resources.
Three-fifths of the country is arable land, agricultural production in addition to self-sufficiency, but also for the output. Exports of agricultural products account for about 10 percent of the total value of exports.
The main crops are corn, cotton, tobacco, wheat, potato, soybeans, barley and so on. The main minerals are coal, iron, copper, oil, gold, silver, natural gas, shale and so on.
- Transportation: aviation, road, shipping and other types of transmission are very convenient.
- Climate: the United States is vast, the eastern part of the wet agricultural climate, the western dry agricultural climate, the southern United States may reach 38 ℃ next season, and some parts of the northern winter temperatures may drop to -10 ℃. Every year from April to October is the best sightseeing season.
- Social profile: the founding of the country is short, but superior status, rich resources, agricultural and mining are rich, industry and commerce developed, after two centuries, to political democracy, advocating human rights of the capitalist state system dominate the world. Since the nineties, the US economy continues to flourish, people’s life is rich, good governance in major cities.
- International relations: major international organizations are actively involved. One of the founding members of the United Nations and the permanent members of the Security Council; the North Atlantic Convention, the Southeast Asian Convention and the Organization of American States; and the security treaty between Australia and New Zealand, with Japan and a common defense treaty with South Korea.